Encounters with wildlife can be a thrilling experience, but when wild animals move into human communities, problems can arise. In the USA, a number of federal, state, and local agencies publish guidelines to help avoid wildlife-related problems.
The following are a few suggestions from various wildlife agencies:
* Avoid feeding wild animals.
* Reduce or eliminate indirect feeding wildlife by cleaning up pet food, securing trash, keeping outdoor cooking devices clean, and removing bird feeders.
* Install protective barriers to keep wildlife from entering structures.
* trim overhanging tree limbs or other pathways around homes.
* Remove fallen fruit from around trees.